Parts 1, 2 here.
1. If pdr wasn’t taken into account, Cygnus has the most HP in the game with 378b. Magnus is at second place with 252b, while Chaos Pink Bean holds 3rd place with 168b.
2. Every theme dungeon above level 100 has something to do with the Black Mage, while those below 100 have nothing relevant with it.
3. Pets can expire many hours after their expiration date/time in game.
4. Back then, PB prequests require you to kill 11988 monsters. That number has since been reduced to 1/3, to 3996.
5. Speaking of PB, it was the longest undefeated boss in MS. All other bosses released in their unglitched form (*ahem* Cygnus) were defeated within 1-2 days.
6. Every year, GMS is down for a total time of 33 days.
7. When people try to sell the book ”Final Blow”, blow is censored. If you forget to type Biow instead, there goes your $1 wasted.
8. Melody Cross (AB 1st) is the only buff that only increases Accuracy, ironic because the class was released years after Accuracy and Avoidability was revamped.
9. Explorer Warriors is the only class that don’t have the version of FJ where you jump by tapping “alt” twice. Instead, you have the traditional DW’s “Soul Rush”, which has a 3 second delay.
10. Every anniversary event released equipments that have a higher level than the year before, while 2012 was the first year with set effects.
11. Way back then, a quest from The Rememberer requires you to kill Bob The Snail (lv. 2 monster deep in the ant tunnel with Wild Cargos). The reward from the quest is -5 fame.
12. Despite Jr. Balrog’s popularity with old players, not a single quest nor NPC mentioned it. (sorry, I meant Victoria Island quests, where it centers around an area boss)
13. The richest NPCs (by amount of mesos players give to them) would be the mount collectors (Kenta, etc.), and namely, Chief Tatamo, for dragon wings and magic seeds.
14. From 2008 to 2011, a dialogue with Nineheart says something along the lines of “Cygnus Knights are the most powerful classes”. With the CK revamp this September that actually made them one of the top classes, the line was removed.
15. There still has been no news on Maplestory 2, although it’s been rumored to come for 5 (?) years now?
16. After Unleased patch this summer, there has not been a single ks war (at least no one complains anymore about ksing).
17. Shinsoo no longer gives players a buff when they click on him.
18. For the longest time, Cygnus and her instructors in Evo Lab drop absolutely nothing.
19. Hurricane and other “keydown” skills are the only skills in the game that keep on attacking forever, unlike others that stop attacking after 100~ shots. Examples: Siege Mode, Ishtar’s Ring, Pressure Void, Spectral Light, Mille Aiguilles.
20. “Crack of Dimension” (Ludi PQ) used to have a set pattern in the stage where you have the 3 boxes. Now, it changes every time. That old pattern is: 133 221 333 123 111. It’s also used as a symbol of old ms and widely memorized by players.
21. In Zakum JQ, if you can press UP and RIGHT and JUMP at the same time, you can go through all the ropes without getting knocked off.
22. Sleepywood has shrinked to 40% of its original size with the following changes after BB: removed Forest of Golem, removed Dungeon Entrances, shortened Ant Tunnel.
23. Ghost Ship Party Quest, a very popular PQ in 2010, gave 300,000 exp to levels 60-80s. Because BB made exp to level easier, Nexon reduced its exp to 60000. However, for a few days after BB they forgot to change, so people leveled like crazy with this PQ.
24. Although all 3rd and 4th job is at level 60 and 100, Advanced Knight and Captain Knight is still given at 70 and 120.
25. When fighting Empress Cygnus, she would always repeat “you look much better like this”.
26. Aqua Road is much smaller than it looks.
27. Many censored words in MS appears in the game. (blow, party, event, assassin, etc)
28. When Big Bang was just out, MS had “hot time” once in a while, where at 2:30 PM Pacific exactly, an item was handed out. However, due to people complaining about lag, it’s now changed to “hot day” and is a lot more common compared to before.
29. During the peak periods of Unleashed we had less players online than the period between Big Bang and Chaos. (spring=usually least players)
30. Out of the Black Mage’s commanders, Magnus is the strongest (252b HP), and Von Leon is the weakest (550m HP).
31. The only BGM in the game not made by Nexon is “Release your spirit high”, played in the last part of the Phantom tutorial. Tbh, it sounds amazing. Link